Kappa Search is a manufacturing recruitment firm that specializes in manufacturing, quality and management recruitment and placement. We are currently recruiting for a Director of Quality Control for a top client in the Houston, Tx area as outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Company QC program for multiple facilities.
- Work with managers/supervisors to establish the format, schedule, and documentation requirements for QC inspections, corrective actions, follow-up inspections, continuous improvement, performance metrics, trend analysis, and reporting.
- Develop and maintain quality surveillance and tracking system for vendors and subcontractors. Audit compliance.
- Manage NCR reporting and through Pareto analysis, develop and implement solutions to recurring problems
- Some travel required.
- Several years QC experience in a code custom manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Technology
- CWI or related industry certification is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of ASME code: Section 8, TEMA and API 660 Standards
- In depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of NDE including, x-ray, UT, PT, and dimensional checks are required.
- Ability to write and audit procedures is a required skill.
- Must be a self starter and a goal oriented individual