Kappa Search is a Houston recruitment firm that specializes in engineering, manufacturing and supply chain recruitment and placement. We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Manager for one of our top automotive clients.
- Manage daily procurement activities materials
- Ensure lowest total cost without sacrificing quality, delivery and service.
- Overall departmental responsibility for domestic & international sourcing
- Direct purchasing group effectively to ensure retention of the best suppliers
- Manage overall supplier relationships and ensure acceptable Quality Cost Delivery in all areas.
- Establish and manage preferred vendor list
- Develop and manage daily and long term purchasing activities and personnel.
- Responsible for cost reduction & cost control programs to ensure the best return for SIA – includes improving and on-going training on Cost Reductions & negotiation techniques, cost analysis, and planning
- Develop local and regional purchasing team and organization continuously
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or other related field
- Several years purchasing management experience with Tier 1 or Tier 2 automotive suppliers
- Experience working for an international company
- Must be an independent thinker. Act with minimal guidance and direction.
- Exposure to the automotive industry and requirements.
- MS-Office Professional expertise
- Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) standards is a plus