Kappa Search is a recruitment firm that specializes in engineering, manufacturing and operations recruitment and placement. We are actively recruiting for a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer in the Houston area. The ideal candidate will have experience setting up a new production line for new electronic and E/M products.
- Researches, develops, implements and maintains manufacturing processes and systems
- Defines production flows and assembly methods
- Select production equipment and design manufacturing floor layouts.
- Prepares documentation for new manufacturing processes and methods.
- Utilizes continuous improvement methods for cost reduction and to improve the efficiency of manufacturing quality and reliability.
- Evaluates equipment requirements, cost analyses and proposals for new machinery and tools for the manufacturing floor.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineers and NPI Engineers to ensure successful new product introduction
- Always strive to trim waste and improve manufacturability, test coverage and product yield.
- Interface with external vendors and Quality Engineering Team.
- Lead and supervise the Production Manager and Production Leads
- Trains the manufacturing team on new products.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- Several years experience in manufacturing leadership
- Ability to set-up a new production line for new product rollouts.
- Electronics expertise, preferably with circuit boards, electronic components and systems