Kappa Search Inc. is a technical recruiting firm that specializes in engineering, manufacturing, operations and quality assurance recruitment and placement. One of our clients, an international leader in plastic consumer products, is currently recruiting for a dynamic Process Engineer with thermoforming plastics experience.
- The Process Engineer will define the processes for manufacture of thermoforming products.
- Implement process improvements in unison with design engineers and operations.
- Maintain new technological development in robotics & automation as well as thermoforming and design of machinery.
- Research and suggest manufacturing processes, methods or equipment in order to optimize production and reduce costs.
- Qualify parts and processes with SPC.
- Develop and maintain strong functional relationships across multidisciplinary teams to anticipate future manufacturing requirements.
- Ensure robust manufacturability is achieved on all new production introduction.
- Make sure all processes achieve company goals with respect to quality, cost and delivery.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering. Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years experience as a process engineer with plastics, thermoforming process ideal.
- Lean manufacturing expertise
- Continuous process improvement, Kaizen experience