These Finance and Accounting Jobs Offer Especially Bright Futures
Employment prospects for financial professional continues their robust growth according to a study provided by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Opportunities are especially strong for auditing clerks, accountants, and bookkeepers. Forecasters expect demand for workers with these skills to remain strong throughout at least 2022.
Here are specific details from the report:
- The economy will create 204,600 new jobs for bookkeepers, accountants, and auditing clerks over the next six years.
- 133,800 new positions for financial analysts will be created during the same period.
- Financial professionals will enjoy healthy levels of compensation. Base salaries will range from $32,297 for accounting clerks to $75,156 for senior financial analysts.
- Starting salaries for accountants in public firms will remain well above $50,000.
A number of factors are contributing to the strong demand for financial professionals. These include:
- The ever-increasing complexity of financial regulations. Expanding compliance requirements drives the need for people who are well-versed in navigating the legal landscape.
- The exodus of many current accountants from private firms in-house positions, creating a marked need to fill the jobs they leave behind.
- The recession-proof nature of accounting. Accountants are needed during all types of economic conditions to keep their firms operating.
- Continuing implementation of the Affordable Care Act, popularly known as “Obamacare.” The law requires additional oversight to ensure compliance with its mandates.
Qualities that make a good financial professional include: strong organizational acumen, high degrees of interpersonal and emotional intelligence, and a passion for the financial industry. The future looks bright indeed for those with the right combination of training and skills